Mission Statement and Ministry Focus
The mission of ODWC is to empower women to choose life for their unborn babies and to embrace healthy lifestyle choices that benefit them physically, emotionally, morally and spiritually. ODWC maintains that all human life is sacred, from conception to natural death.
The focus of our ministry is to defend the sacredness and dignity of each and every life: that of the father, the mother, and the unborn child. Thus, we approach each client from a holistic viewpoint, respecting their mind, body, and spirit. We explore their needs in each of these areas, including their emotional, medical, educational and financial needs. In doing this we seek to uphold their dignity as women and as mothers and to instill hope, share the light of life, and to encourage them to embrace the gift of life. There are over 2,000 abortions in Tallahassee every year. We seek to reach out to as many of these women as possible.
Conversion from death to life, conversion of heart and lifestyle , conversion from violence and despair to hope and peace. This is our hope for the women we serve.
“Whatever you did for one of the least of
these brothers of mine, you did for me”
Pregnancy Center Services
ODWC seeks to be an advocate for women facing unplanned pregnancies and women dealing with post-abortion recovery. We do this by providing comprehensive, compassionate, and confidential services at no cost to our clients. All of these services are provided by caring professionals and trained volunteers who uphold the ODWC commitment of care:
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communications are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services offered.
- All of our staff and volunteers receive proper training to uphold these standards.
Clients who come to ODWC are offered the following services: Pregnancy testing, consultation with one of our Client Advocates, accurate and relevant information on all of her options, limited obstetric ultrasounds, and continued guidance and support throughout pregnancy.